- We are applying for the tax exempt status that will allow us to apply for grant funding of our educational programming.
- We have 7 confirmed music groups including: Detention, Uriah Effect, Matt Miskie are all new; Stony and Company, Dominick DeCecco, Broke, Stranded & Ugly, and the Hills & the Rivers are returning from last year.
- We are now accepting applications for artists, crafters, exhibitors and food vendors. Contact us by email email@example.com or on facebook and we will send you an application.
- We are also looking for volunteer monitors and firefly observers. We need campers, naturalists and/or citizen scientists interested in collecting data on the fireflies leading up to the festival and after. We can get you registered on Museum of Science Firefly Watch | Home and get you data collection forms.
- Foremost, we want to promote and encourage firefly watching. Visitors should plan on coming to Forest County for at least a weekend or maybe a week during the 3 to 4-week-long synchronous firefly season. If you are coming to see fireflies, you may need more than a one night stay to find them. We don't want you to be disappointed due to rain, or you can't stay out late enough to see the displays. For overnight accommodations check the Forest county websiteForest County - Home or Visit PAGO PA Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau - PA Great Outdoors
When is the PA Firefly Festival?
Friday, June 25 and Saturday June 26 from 7 pm to Midnight. Subscribe to the PAFF Newsletter at Pafireflyevents.org to get early notification of the online registration links.
Sunday, March 1, 2015
The second meeting of the year was productive as usual.